Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I MIss Toast

I Miss Toast

Lately I've gotten round. Like a Russian Nesting Doll. And by lately I mean the weight has been creeping up. Since menopause. Like menopause came and the weight just came with it.

So maybe it's also some bad habits. But I try. I really do.  Lately I've been noticing that eating bread or too much bread or the wrong bread makes me even rounder. So I'm trying to not have that. The bread.

But literally that was my favorite breakfast ever. Toasted Ezekiel raisin bread w butter and cinnamon  sugar. Challah with butter. Sourdough toasted with butter and jam. Avocado toast. Brown bread toasted with jam and cheese - toasted Jewish rye bread with cream cheese. Maybe some sliced tomatoes. Salted.

Sometimes I switched my toast time from breakfast to evening. More like a dessert.

Now during my former toast eating time I do other things. People always talk about what they do for self care. I kind of cringe. Lately I guess I'm painting my toenails for self-care. I pick dark plums, silver, right now I'm going for emerald. Then my toes look like perfect little matchsticks.

BK July 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment